Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Trust

For far too long, I feared giving everything to the Lord.  I felt in opening my hands, He would snatch it all away.  Think on Abraham, David and Job who were called to give up, to sacrifice, all that they had for the joy of the Lord.

My view of Him was so small.

What I failed to see for so long is sacrifice brings joy. God is infinitely better than all these things.  Things that he has lavishly and generously given me. The earth is the Lord's and everything in it. 
Committing my ways to God is an all-out, all-in committment.  Knowing His way is to prosper me and not to harm me, knowing that in my salvation I have become His daughter (and if you then who are evil know how to give good gifts, how much more will a Father who is pure and righteous, lovely and noble give good things?).
I can give all my hopes, all my dreams, all my intentions to Him because His will, His plan is the best life possible for me.

That's not to say I get everything I want.  That's not to say my life will be what I deem picture perfect.  Faith is the assurance of things not seen, the conviction of things hoped for.  My hope lies not in my deeply flawed, human ways but in the Way.  In the Man, Jesus Christ, who suffered and died so that at the end of this earthly, temporary life I get forever and ever with Him.

In all my desires, He can meet them because He designed them.  He is enough because His goodness, His greatness, never ends! (it is unsearchable - Ps. 145:3).  It is the gift that is infinite and keeps on giving.
The more I seek Him, the more I pursue Him, the more I love Him; the more I love Him, the more my prayers become "Your kingdom come, Your will be done."  I stop seeking my selfish, shallow wants.  I can see the bigger picture in which I have been chosen to play a very small role.
Prayer becomes a delight (something I still deeply struggle with).  I start to see more things answered because I search for what brings Him the most glory.  My heart starts beating in tandem with His and I can ask all things in faith, expectantly!
The more faith I have, the more trust I have.  The more trust I have, the more I can open my hands and commit all my way to a God who is kind in all His works.
He is for me, and if He is for me, who could be against me?


Psalm 37:5 Trust in the Lord and do good.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment