Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Far Reaching

It hits hard.  Some days more than others.
The regrets.  The shame.  The "if only's."

Yesterday I felt the weight, the burden, the reality of sin.

The sting of sin.  The consequences of sin.  The fact that there are no do-overs. 
It had me on the floor, grieving in such a way I couldn't catch my breath.  The cry that you don't want anyone to see.

I sat in the reality that we sinned, regretted it, and still face the consequences years later.

We looked at each other this morning - one weary with crying and one just weary.

So many things, we said.  So many things that we wish could be undone.

And yet, they can't.  It has rightly been said, "It is what it is."

Yes and no.

It is what it is because of sin, because of the brokenness that has existed from the first disobedience.
It is not what it should be but shall one day be again.  Jesus comes back.

All ready he has risen victorious.  All ready he has defeated sin and the grave.

He has bore my shame and iniquity.

There are no do-overs in this thing called life.  That hurts more than you can imagine at this moment.

Yet, I have to put my focus on the Lord and speak his truth to my broken heart.

Psalm 119:68
For you, O God, are good and you do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment