Saturday, October 6, 2012

Merciful

I'm faltering right now.

There's been a difficult circumstance.  One, where medically, the situation was cut and dry.
Emotionally, there were gray areas.

What happened happened.  I trust that to the Lord.

Job 42:1  I know you can do all things and no plan of your can be thwarted.

I can confess my confusion.
But I have to go back to the basics.

And, it has to start with God and who He says He is.

I reached out, sought godly counsel as my emotions were running high.  It took diffrent perspectives to help me navigate this thing called life and suffering.

Over and over, I kept hearing the word "merciful."  As in "God is merciful", and "It was an act of mercy this was even caught."

Moses, needing desperately more of the Lord, asks to see His glory.
The Lord, in His goodness, hides Moses in the cleft of the rock and proclaims truth.
 
Truth that is unfailing, from the mouth of God Himself.

"The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love
 and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands..."
Deuteronomy 34:6
 
Merciful meaning compassionate and lenient.
 
I have had to sit in this these last couple of days as a sweet friend lost her thriving, living baby who was an ectopic pregnancy to save her other baby's life and her own.
 
Shades of gray where you cry out your confusion and heartache to the Lord but know He is merciful and good and does good.
 
An unfailing truth as we mourn baby Evan.


No comments:

Post a Comment